Thursday, December 2, 2010

More On the Floor

After the last post on the frustrations of floor cleaning peaked an interesting discussion, I've been looking for a better solution. I still don't have a good definitive answer, but I am working through the suggestions in this book.

What I appreciate about this handy reference guide is it's practical and yet slightly neurotic. They suggest using murphy's soap up to twice a year year mixed with water to keep up the condition of the floor, with a good old fashioned hand washing. Argh, I just can't escape scrubbing the floor on my hands and knees.

But, more interestingly, they propose that any mild soap (sans any bleaching agent) mixed with water is likely the best weekly cleaner for your hardwood, whether real or laminate.

So, I'm working my way through the various options I already have on hand. Right now the Seventh Generation liquid dish soap is up. I'm still using just elbow grease as I haven't found a good mop I like, but the rubbermaid remains a contender. Anyone else had any further luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment