Friday, December 17, 2010

These Teeth Were Made for Walking

Happily after my dedicated six month routine of flossing daily and more focused tooth brushing I have returned from the dentist cavity free. I'm sure cutting down on sugary drinks and general bad for you and your teeth stuff didn't hurt either.

However, my enthusiasm for no fillings is tempered by the fact that I'm breaking up with my dentist. No longer will the proximity to my office hold me hostage. For three years I've felt odd every time I sat in the chair. Perhaps I was spoiled by the brilliant dentists at the UMKC dental school we went to for three years. Perhaps it's the dentist we went to in Alexandria for more nearly eight years before we moved.

Hustling your patients to add on additional procedures, changing your answers when questioned and having no regard for their insurance coverage is not a way to keep patients/clients. This is a customer service business as much as retail or any other service-tied industry. If I don't trust you or don't like how I feel after interacting with you-- I'm not going to come back.

Mindful living means eliminating unnecessary negative experiences. So adieu dentist. I'll be taking my teeth and dental coverage elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment