Saturday, May 21, 2011

Berry Welcome

Summer temps are seeping into the forecast so I decided to embrace the abundant berries at the store by making a simple straightforward crumble. Raspberries, blueberries and strawberries tossed together with a little flour/brown sugar and poured into a square pan. A quick crumble on top of flour/brown sugar/melted butter and into the oven at 350 for 35ish minutes until the berries just bubble. Eat.

It's a bit sweet. I might add oats to the crumble next time and maybe do blackberries instead of blueberries. All options I've seen in various recipes that make sense to me. Also, this would be awesome with cream, ice cream, etc. And I'm thinking a tiny sprinkle of fresh mint, thyme or sage when serving would be yum.

1 comment:

  1. YUM-- I like mine with oats and ice cream-- crumbles are the best :)

    ReplyDelete