Thursday, May 19, 2011

Damn, I Became A Fiscally Responsible Adult

I fear my fiscal responsibility is spreading to every nanobite of my brain. We've been hunting for a new place and keep reaching the same conclusion that what we're looking for is still slightly out of reach. So instead of being reasonable, we plow forward and keep recalculating how far we're willing to stretch. Then reason kicks in and we tell ourselves, "no, don't be ridiculous" and retreat back to original savings goal. Five years ago, I might have been willing to stretch my budget and comfort level. Now,  fiscal security and responsible spending are these odd legitimate boundaries that I'm not willing to bypass. Wow. If I'm this much fun in my early thirties imagine how riveting we'll be in our forties and perhaps with kids. Ha. That will be awesome.

Tonight we drew a line and officially said no, we're waiting until we reach it. Responsibility makes me rootch. Oh yeah, I just broke out a Pennsylvania Dutch word. Yikes.

1 comment:

  1. Have you looked in Cheverly??? I'd highly recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete