Friday, August 12, 2011

New Summer Salad Favorite

Cooking through everything we purchased in one week ended up stretching into two week, but I am happy to say that we actually did it. No leftovers were thrown out. No limp celery was discovered at the bottom of the drawer. And this couscous salad recipe may be my new bomb-digity go to recipe for summer. It calls for making the veggies on the grill, but given our lack of ready access to a grill, I decided to roast them.

One note: This recipe makes a lot of salad. I mean enough to take to a picnic with 20 of your closest friends, so cutting it in half  or more would be a good way to go if you don't want it for every meal for five days. That being said, it is delicious cold and at room temp so it makes the perfect office lunch item.

I also doctored up a quick peach cobbler with very ripe peaches from the fridge. Yum.

Now I need to come up with recipes for the quinoa, jasmine rice, and navy beans in my cabinet. My orzo is going to be made into this (thanks to M for the idea!). Ideas welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment