Saturday, April 28, 2012

And Then There Was Light


It's amazing how a little more light and a better looking fixture can transform a space. When we moved in the sad little light that was hanging over the dining room table needed to go. It is really the only major source of light on the first floor and it was not cutting it.

Nine whole light bulbs, it's crazy bright!
Why would you put an entry light
in your dining room?
After searching high and low for a new light, including the Paris Flea Markets where we fell hard for a 19th Century Baccarat Crystal fixture (and then realized that um, we aren't "those people") it was replaced with this new light I found on One Kings Lane. It is absolutely not what I started out looking for. I had even found this crazy, oversized rough wood piece at the Luckett's Design House that I was sure would be awesome for the space and then after we painted, I realized it would be too much of a statement for the place. I fully planned to go vintage, some great piece I would have to have rewired, but then voila.

It turns out getting all those random emails and glancing at them from time to time is worthwhile and for the record One Kings Lane really did have killer good pricing. So very excited and now we can actually (for better or worse) see each other and the food on the table.

3 comments:

  1. Looks perfect!

    I LOVE One Kings Lane. I haven't purchased anything yet, but the stuff on there is responsible for at least half of the finds on my Pinterest boards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. Check out Joss and Main too. Very similar to One Kings Lane but slightly less expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Joss and Main invite, very cool.

    ReplyDelete