Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Betty Crocker That's Who

Before the oven. Too busy eating after.
It turns out that when it comes to apple pie, Betty Crocker is a legit source. Of all the various recipes I've tried over the years, I keep coming back to her French Apple Pie recipe every time. It's simple and always comes out just right. I made it with honey crisp apples this time because it was what I picked up at the orchard.

Usually I use a much tarter apple for baking, but this actually came out with just enough bite and sweetness. I also use a lot of apples. It calls for eight cups, I use eight whole apples which usually makes for a tall, but delicious pie.

I also made it in my very fancy new metal pie plate from the Culinary Diplomacy kick off. Perhaps it was the diplomatic mojo in the pie plate that made it turn out so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment