Monday, May 24, 2010

Sandwich Bags Are So Last Year

Naively my PBJ has been going to work in a passé plastic sandwich bag. Tucked neatly into my reusable lunch bag, I was so pleased with myself for taking and not buying my lunch. Then, my super chic friend Jen rolls in with a cool shark lunchskin. Suddenly my celery sticks look claustrophobic in their little bag.

Every day 20 million plastic bags go into landfills. Every day. Holy plastic bag batman. That's massive waste. Remember when we all started cutting the rings up from soda six packs to save the dolphins?  I kept a manatee from choking, but have been contributing to Kilimanjaro-sized landfills. Awesome.

For those still pondering the paper vs. plastic debate, here's a great article/blog I found that spells out both sides.

Needless to say, I'll be ordering a few lunchskins come pay day.

1 comment:

  1. I got a great set of bags for produce use (they're great at the grocery store or the farmer's market) from http://www.etsy.com/shop/LoveForEarth. I still use plastic bags when I forget these at home, but these are really useful and make me feel a little better about the number of plastic bags we use for dog waste.

    ReplyDelete