Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cold Meds Are Cramping My Style

A dense cold infused fog has settled into my head and is refusing to depart. It's untimely arrival during our weekend trip was not ideal, but lucky me, it waited to go all out until I was back at work. It's gotten so bad I've had people spontaneously offer me cold medicine. I think death warmed over is probably a generous description of my current look. Sorry co-workers.

Yet, I am encouraged to persevere as the signs of spring are multiplying daily and I work to shake off this cold like the February blahs. So I am endeavoring to reengage with writing, running, and yoga this month so that the Broad Street 10 miler doesn't run me over.

Anyone else dusting off their mindful endeavors as March begins? I know I'll be adding new running shoes to my mix this month (the Brooks I've been running in are not comfortable) and hoping they magically make me wicked fast. Hmm, that might be the speed button on the treadmill.

I've signed up with my trusty race buddies for the St. Patrick's Day 8k-- that's going to be painful. I'm also loving a new Yoga Basics class at DownDog on Wednesday nights at 7:45pm.

The biggest shift, and I know this will sound easy for some, I'm going to try and make the flip from evening gym person to morning gym person. This may be harder than the actual hour I need to spend running at said gym. Mornings and I do not talk. Suggestions for updates to my run mix are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment