Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Can't Type Eating

So it turns out my efforts to break up with McDonalds have be futile. And I can actually trace my weight gain to about the time my resistance started waning and then just flat out gave in. After eeking out my first 10 miler last year on the fumes of the previous year's training and coasting into summer on a runner's high, I flat out stopped. I mean just stopped.

While any individual with an ounce of common sense can wake up every morning and say simply: eat less, exercise more. Make healthy choices. Every time you eat you have a choice. Don't watch more TV, watch less by going out and doing something. I have ignored said knowledge by sitting still and feeding myself nonesuch.

Therefore I should not be surprised by the predicament I've eaten myself into. I take full responsibility for my expanding pants and inertia. Sure, I could give you a long list of environmental factors: stress at work, increased travel schedule by DH, breaking up with my trainer, and on and on. But the reality is, I have the time to make it happen and I'm not.

This morning my alarm was set to catch the 7am yoga class before work, my clothes were set out, but when the alarm went off, I rolled over and took over both sides of the bed since DH is traveling. Not exactly a calorie burning exercise.

I have 137 days until the Army 10 miler and I have to get my act together.

My über awesome, running her first half and full marathon this year, friend Kelly has recommend Jeff Galloway's training method and I'm looking at starting from the beginning with his 5K training podcast. I need to start a new routine. Create a new set of incentives so I stop going through the drive through and start going to the gym.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! It's been really helpful for me to actually print out Jeff's training schedule and then mark off each day -- sort of helps me feel accountable. Check out his website-- he's got all sorts of training programs there and I bet you could do the one for the half marathon and get that 10 miler out of the way in a beautiful way -- uninjured!! This morning I totally rolled over too, the key for me has to be going to bed earlier. Can't wait to hear about all of your athletic endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But the reality is, I have the time to make it happen and I'm not."

    Word. I know exactly what I need to do to feel better (sizes be damned), but I keep acquiescing to my life's current lack of structure. Except...the level of structure is ENTIRELY up to me right now. If I could run while working full time and going to school, there's ZERO excuse for not working it into a schedule that is in no one's hands by my own.

    Crap.

    ReplyDelete