Saturday, July 16, 2011

Is This Thing on?

Let me get this out and then we can get on with it. My silence of late has largely been a result of suddenly feeling like the act of blogging was over exposing my private life to the world. Too much navel gazing about non-important topics and a strange totally irrational fear that someday I'll go to apply for a job and they'll pull up some blog entry that they found offensive and as a result can't hire me because I'd never be able to get a security clearance.  Right, that should be my big concern as a higher ed/arts person...all those top secret Matisse manuscripts I won't be able to review for exhibition prep...

Several kind friends have even said they read my tripe from time to time (you are very kind and know who you are. Thank you. I owe you a drink and this is why we are friends. You indulge me by reading this and then actually saying something nice. My ego thanks you.)
 Anyhow, I've realized that I started this whole endeavor to create greater accountability for myself in life balance; to experiment with this media directly to better understand its applications in my work; and finally to give me a chance to write something besides a planning document from time to time.

So I'm going to cautiously stumble my way back to the keyboard and try and do this with greater regularity (ha!) and also recognize that I've been so inspired by friends across the country lately that I need to take a moment and write about it.

For now I'll just say that as DC summer swells into full heat and humidity, we're trying to fill our days with more friends and laughter and enjoy the time we have together. And if you need a better excuse to enjoy summer, check out 3191's summer essentials they posted before taking their own summer break.

No comments:

Post a Comment